Youichiro Miyake is a project professor of Institute of Industrial Science (IIS), the University of Tokyo. He has been developing AI of digital games in game industry as AI technical director while researching game AI technologies as lead AI researcher in a digital game company in twenty years. He has developed and designed AI for many digital games. He is also a board member of Digital Games Research Association (DiGRA) JAPAN and a chair of SIG-AI in Japan Chapter, International Game Developers Association (IGDA Japan) from 2006 to resent. He researches the technical design of combination of smart city and metaverse by using game AI system “Meta-Character-Spatial AI dynamic cooperative model”. He published more than 10 books of game AI, and many academic papers. He had many lectures in international academic conferences such as SIGGRAPH, SIGGRAPH ASIA, IEEE Conference On Games, and ACM International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents, and international industrial conferences such GDC and CEDEC.
- Lead AI researcher, SQUARE ENIX
- CTO, SQUARE ENIX AI&ARTS Alchemy
- Specially Appointed Professor, Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence and Science, Rikkyo University
- 2021. 03
- Ph.D. (Engineering, The University of Tokyo)
- General Manager, AI Division, SQUARE ENIX
- Project Professor, Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo